Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hey.....I Know that Man!!!!

Okay, before you say, "whoever's doing this blog is beginning to go to the dark side" or "I knew that it was just a matter of time before this blog would start showing bikini clad babes", let me explain. I've known John Berger pretty much since the early 70s and now he's the man who tells us via photos what's happening around town. I like checking his section out to just see "what's happening". This morning, lo and behold as I scanned John Berger's On The Scene, "Hey, who's that man with the goattee? Andrew Le, hey, I know that man." Andrew Le, part of the Le family that owns Toys N' Joys in Kaimuki and Westridge Shopping Center, practically growing up right in front of my eyes to become one of the big boys with the Hawaii International Film Festival, better known as HIFF. Andrew Le was also part of a group of people who produced the Hawaii series "Blood of the Samurai" which I believe came out last year. Watching people grow up right in front of your eyes is pretty cool. Oh, the pictures pretty cool too!!!


STAR BULLETIN JULY 19, 2006

HIFF'S IN THE HOUSE:













JOHN BERGER / JBERGER@STARBULLETIN.COM
Tracy Elkind, left, and SMART magazine editor Sarah Honda, second from left, welcomed Hawaii International Film Festival Manager Trevor Tavares, center, Chantal Truong and Anderson Le to "Summer Heat." Elkind spent most of the evening standing next to a bright yellow 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder two-seater. Her bikini is by the Allure Swim Boutique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
A Passion for Jazz! History of Jazz music origins, styles and musicians featuring photo gallery, timeline, festivals, webcasts, piano & guitar chords, scales and online lessons. Hit Counter
Web Site Counter