Tuesday, June 08, 2010

David Garibaldi Yamaha Signature Snare Drum

When the Tower of Power came to town last week, the man on the throne was none other than the Funkmeister David Garibaldi. As I looked at the Yamaha drum set on the stage of the Blaisdell Concert Hall I couldn't help but lay eyes on the beautiful blue snare drum. It had to be David Garibaldi's Signature Yamaha snare drum. The next day I called my friend Leo Hannigan the owner of Drummer's Warehouse on Keawe Street across from the old CompUSA computer store. "Hey Leo, was that your personal David Garibaldi Signature snare at the Tower concert last night?" "The company doing sound called me to see if by chance I had one, so yeah, it was my snare." Now here's the cool part of the story. About six months ago Leo had asked me how I liked my Yamaha David Garibaldi Signature snare that I had gotten on Ebay. I liked it a lot but Leo hinted that he really liked it as well but didn't have one in his personal collection. Long story short I traded my David Garibaldi Signature snare to Leo. Long story short, David Garibaldi played the very Yamaha signature that I had gotten on Ebay. Cool!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger chungiemunchin said...

I have one. I discovered that it's pretty easy to find the sweet spot on this snare drum. In other words, using my usual tuning technique, I was able to get that high crack sound that David G. gets and with all that tone in the middle registers that is so much a part of his signature sound. I don't try to copy that tone that I hear on the TOP records, but it's hard to deny it once it is achieved. It makes it so much fun to play. It has a short decay but in no way is the sound flat. I love the tone I get with it. It has become my go to snare drum for most occasions. The only time I stray from its' use is when I am playing a heavier rock gig or a jazz gig. For those occasions, I pull out my Ludwig 6 1/2 Supraphonic.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there every one, here every one is sharing such know-how, therefore it's pleasant to read this weblog, and I used to visit this web site every day.

Feel free to visit my page vigrx

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

smokeless cigarettes, e cigarette, electronic cigarettes, e cigarette, smokeless cigarettes, ecig forum

9:34 AM  
Blogger خدمات منزلية said...

مكافحة حشرات بجدة
شركة تنظيف سجاد بجدة
شركة تنظيف مجالس بجدة
شركة عزل اسطح بجدة
شركة شراء اثاث مستعمل بالرياض

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
A Passion for Jazz! History of Jazz music origins, styles and musicians featuring photo gallery, timeline, festivals, webcasts, piano & guitar chords, scales and online lessons. Hit Counter
Web Site Counter